Saturday, June 4, 2011

stuff 1

Do you ever just feel like sugar snap peas are god's gift to Brooklyn via his had of the farmer's market. I mean, not that I believe a god necessarily exists, but if he did. Then again, I mean, I guess if you think of nature as your god, which lets face it, it really is, right? Then sugar snap peas really are god's gift to us.

I tried that new yoga studio today. It's good but I'm just not sure my chakras are aligned and feeling it. I think there's a weird breeze that's throwing them off. Or maybe that neon light that you can see from the far right corner of the studio if you have to sit there because you get in late. I mean, who wants to do yoga in the middle of the red light district of Amsterdam because that's what it feels like, right? Know what I mean?

Aw man, bikes though, right? Amazing. I just got this new old bike that is such a sweet ride. I can feel the history in it, know what I mean? I bet it's been in Brooklyn for like 40 years ever since it was made. It's a US made one. Or maybe some old farmer owned it out in Montana and then his son rode it all the way to the East coast to become a film actor or an urban farmer or something. It's definitely got a lot of stories to tell, I just know it.

You know what I'm really into these days? Mandolins. They're just so sexy, I think, right? Like the have this twang like they're being played out of some rusty old eroding barn. But they're tough you know. Like that nerd from high school James Titter who totally now runs some kick-ass farm in upstate New York and is like biking in food to New York City public schools. Like he's kinda sweet but then super tough too. Like he could definitely be lost in the woods for a few days and would be totally fine and also reach some new level of Buddhist enlightenment because that's just what he does when he's bored.

Oh wow, the sun is totally setting already, I gotta run! I'm meeting my friend Johnster at dusk, we're gonna take pictures of that rusty car on the corner of Vanderbilt and Bergen. Love and light, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment