Monday, July 19, 2010

Un-mailed letter from a Russian Illegal

July 1, 2010

The following letter was found in the home of one of the arrested couples of Illegals on the day of their arrest. The envelope was addressed to Moscow Center, Moscow, Russia, had the appropriate amount of postage, and was waiting to be mailed.

Dear Moscow Center,

I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for employment with you over the past 25 years as an international secret agent, as well as to inform you of my resignation, valid four weeks from today, on July 21, 2010.

I owe you my deepest thanks for the opportunities with which you provided me, including language skills and the use of such secret agent tools as invisible ink, telegraphs, morse code, and smoke signals. I truly appreciate the years that I was able to spend, working remotely for the good of my homeland.

I will always maintain my allegiance to you, however, I have finally been approved for citizenship in the United States, and accepting it just seems like the right thing for me at this time. Working a regular day job and as a secret Russian spy has put a great deal of stress on my family life, and I feel I owe it to my wife and children to spend more time with them.

Furthermore, the fruits are fresh here, the grass is green, winter is only several months a year, and public education is slightly less censored. I have even come to appreciate the warmth of these Americans. After years of undercover work, Olga and I have created a real community for ourselves here. We bought a house and have almost finished paying off our mortgage. The kids have playdates twice a week with our neighbors, the DiLarios, and we’ve even started a book club. Last month, we read Me Talk Pretty One Day, and this month is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Furthermore, little Yevgeny/Theodore has grown quite skilled at swimming, and we couldn’t bear to tear him away from the Aquaducks for our next scheduled move in September.

Again, I want to extend my deepest thanks to Moscow the for the extraordinary opportunity. I know that Russia will continue to be a rising and powerful country, with the most advanced and shrewd international intelligence network in the world.

I am excited to see how you will grow and succeed in the future, and I look forward to our paths crossing again.

Sincerely,

Boris Polshevsky/Robert Peterson/Roberto Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment